Re: [opensuse-project] When is a mirror not a mirror?
On 03/05/12 00:39, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar wrote:

Quoting Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 02/05/12 23:59, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-05-02 15:47, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 02/05/12 23:36, Per Jessen wrote:
OK. So why is it mirrored on some Belgian site?

Just asking.....
Because they want to.

For example, if you have a look to the mirror closest to me,
<http://suse.bifi.unizar.es/opensuse/distribution/>, it doesn't have any
repo at all, just the "updates" one.

I ask the very simple question: what is the definition of a mirror?

If one doesn't see exactly what is on the original "image" then what you are looking at is not a mirror.

As already stated: there are different 'images' you can mirror.

You mirror admin decided to dedicated limited bandwidth and disk space and is thus mirroring one of the 'smaller' imagesets than others do. The providers right: they pay for it.

Dominique

Understand.

But then openSUSE should not classify them as mirrors but as sources of only selected files.

BC