[opensuse-project] Re: membership discussion: statement from the membership officials
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:22:30 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:25:56 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

Furthermore, if we are going to use voting as the litmus test, then I
would argue we would have to institute that policy "as of now" meaning
past non-votes don't count. It wouldn't be fair to "penalize" someone
for an action that wasn't considered a penalty before now. If that's
the case, then we can't inactivate someone until 2 elections from now.

I'd agree with that, but also that the voting process then *must* include
an option to explicitly decline to vote. Otherwise, you're forcing
people to vote in order to maintain their membership - even if there's
nobody/nothing on the ballot that they could, in good conscience, vote
for.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson