Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Contributor gifts
2011/10/21 Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Just a couple of quick thoughts on the gift ideas (I've got an exam in
a couple of hours >.< )  so not too deeply considered:

- re the star naming: seems like a nice idea BUT it's just some
company that has set themselves up to do it and you're just paying for
some cute paperwork.  We probably have an astro geek here somewhere
that could create a website, star map and certificate of our own!

- playing cards - not bad but for most people will sit in a drawer somewhere

- T-shirts are always good but they wear out. Trinkets (cufflinks,
keychains etc) and mugs last a little longer. Lanyards are funky.  My
favorite trinket idea would be a nice chunky (one inch?) geeko that
could be used as a keyring, brooch, etc as desired.

- awards wall, nice idea

- did I see something about an island? Membership to a Second Life
island? very cool.

- sponsor project/research/zoo penguins or geekos in members names +
certificate/photo

- signed copies of Torvald's autobiography? (expensive  I know, just
brainstorming....)

I agree to some extent with Bryan's concerns about degree of
contribution, but, I think those of us who only contribute
sporadically or in small ways very much appreciate the work of those
who are able to contribute more.

like the 'iContribute' idea too. if a larger obejct, "with thanks from
openSUSE" written on it somewhere.

cheers

Helen

--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I would say keep it simple.
A package like the 11.1 i-Contribute (I really envied guys who had
those T-shirts on osc11) or Just a T-shirt, I love and collect Mugs
but in some cases the mail might break some people's Mugs and that
would be sad, so I would not recommend that.
Cards? well I don't play cards and I am sure I am not the only one...
...But start making a Geeko game would be nice as a separate project...

Just my 2 cents...
Kostas
--
http://opensuse.gr