Re: [opensuse-project] Suse Bug Reporter - GSoC midterm report
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur
<mihneadb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

on Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2011, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:
on Dienstag, 12. Juli 2011, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur wrote:
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:
on Montag, 11. Juli 2011, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur wrote:

Your code has a small bug: What happens if you display the options
"contribute" and "create new"? In short: you'll get the shortcut
"c" for both.

Yes, I noticed that when I was typing but I figured it can be solved
by using another word. I will implement what you said, but it's
rather inefficient and not really necessary in my opinion. I mean,
checking that those words don't overlap is a quadratic complexity
problem. Sure, the data size should be small. I'll look into it but
for now I'll just keep it like that and document it. It's better
anyway imo than writing it up by hand just for that one use case.

OK.

This/these address(es) were found:
assignee: bg@xxxxxxxx

I wonder about the assignee - osc maintainer openSUSE:11.4
python gives me jmatejek@, not bg@.

cc: ['mrueckert@xxxxxxxx', 'ro@xxxxxxxx',
'cgardner@xxxxxxxxxx']

Just curious: where do you get the CC list from? I can't get
any of those people via "osc maintainer".

Make sure you check the devel package. My tool uses osc to check
if the package has a devel package associated and, if so, it
gets the people from that one.

I just did (see below) and still couldn't find those people.

You can check the code here [0].
From what I tested via some manual queries when I was working
on it, it was fine.

https://github.com/mihneadb/suse_bug_reporter/blob/master/util/packag
eInfo.py#L123

You should scroll down from there, that's where the magic happens.

Reading your code, I think the most important/relevant function is
getAssignedPersons (line 224).

I don't know python (but at least it looks quite easy to understand),
therefore I'll translate it to osc commands to make sure I understood it
correctly (correct me if I'm wrong ;-)

Your example output (http://pastebin.com/qxXy5S28) says you are going to
report a bug for the "python" package on openSUSE 11.4.

prj_data=`osc meta prj openSUSE:11.4`
-> maintainer: coolo

pkg_data=`osc meta pkg openSUSE:11.4 python`
-> bugowner: jmatejcik

devel_prj,devel_pkg=`osc develproject openSUSE:11.4 python`
-> no develproject for 11.4

That would mean the bugreport goes to jmatejek, optionally with coolo in
CC. That doesn't match your example output :-(

Let's assume we'll report a bug against factory instead - there we have:

prj_data=`osc meta prj openSUSE:Factory`
-> maintainer: coolo, autobuild-team, factory-maintainers
-> reviewer: legal-auto, factory-auto

pkg_data=`osc meta pkg openSUSE:Factory python`
-> no maintainer/bugowner
-> devel project: devel:languages:python:Factory - package python

devel_prj,devel_pkg=`osc develproject openSUSE:Factory python`
-> (same as meta pkg)

Now let's look at the devel project:

prj_data=`osc meta prj devel:languages:python:Factory`
-> maintainer: matajcik, coolo, jimfunk
-> bugowner: matajcik

pkg_data=`osc meta pkg devel:languages:python:Factory  python`
-> bugowner: matajcik

That's completely different from the people you listed as assignee (bg)
and CC (mrueckert, ro, cgardner) in your example output.

Options are:
- your example is wrong (partly edited etc.)
- you have a bug somewhere or
- my understanding/testing is wrong
Choose one ;-) - if unsure, test again with the python package and
compare the results.

I found the difference - it gets the data for python in
openSUSE:11.4:Update:Test.

import rpm
ts = rpm.TransactionSet()
match = ts.dbMatch('name', 'python')
for h in match:
...  print h['disturl']
obs://build.opensuse.org/openSUSE:11.4:Update:Test/standard/c108b9d66129e93f2c69a3cde8f67b71-python

mihnea@suseVM:~/localCode> osc maintainer -e openSUSE:11.4:Update:Test python
bugowner of openSUSE:11.4:Update:Test :
-

maintainer of openSUSE:11.4:Update:Test :
bg@xxxxxxxx, mrueckert@xxxxxxxx, ro@xxxxxxxx, cgardner@xxxxxxxx

As you can see, it is working properly.

After I changed my version of python to the opensuse 11.4 oss one it
gets ('jmatejek@xxxxxxxxxx', []).

All good, mystery solved, right? :)

I've updated the header so that it shows what project & version is the
person using.

Sample:

Package: python
Project: openSUSE:11.4:Update:Test