Re: [opensuse-project] Request to change MS6 to Beta
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/07/2011 11:11 AM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

For what it's worth, I think it is a good idea. Moreover, I offer to try
and
write up something 'better' for the Beta, provided I get some help from
this
and other lists. The marketeers (incl myself) need more info on what is
new/improved/changed! If we have that, we can write a better announcement
with
more chance to get it out in the press, on lwn.net etc etc.

If we only have what for example was mentioned in the last Milestone
article,
it's not very likely to be picked up by press, that's how it works - they
need
something to write about :D

So if we get some info on what's new and improved, we can introduce the
Beta
with a bit more of a 'kick', including giving our press a heads-up so we
get a
good number of articles on news sites and subsequently  a bit more
testing.

Jos,

Your comments are very good. Getting the news about a beta and its
"features" out to the press and the public should help get better test
coverage, and the news will be good as long as we don't release with any
show stoppers.

Please let the TCT know of anything you need.

Larry

Larry,

Since you're a kernel guy, do you happen to know what the status of
btrfs is likely to be in 12.1

I just did some testing with a month old Tumbleweed 2.6.38 kernel and
btrfs has locked in mount in my early testing, so that doesn't look so
good, but 2.6.39 and 3.0.0 could be much better.

btw: what is the name of the post 3.0.0 kernel going to be? 3.0.1?

Greg