Re: [opensuse-project] What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:30:40 -0600
*watches monkey trow dice

Ok, after careful deliberation and much thought, the decision has been made
to go for option one*. I will now finish up the 'strategy', present it to
the board (hoping they won't disagree with everything in there) and let
them present it to the openSUSE Membership.

Option one, is present for the last five plus years.
It looks so washed out when one takes time to read other distros introduction
on Distrowatch.

I'm not trying to see dice rolling again, at lest not right now, but if we
want to look fresh and energized, we should give up on keeping exact the same
old message for so long time. There is so many ways to say the same, that
keeping one and the same message for five years doesn't give confidence that
openSUSE has, among other things, imagination. On the other hand keeping old
message gives feeling to the people that nothing is changing in openSUSE,
which is currently so wrong.

Unlike software that should not be changed without need, messages to humans
must be changed once in a while, or they get ignored. It is nothing new to any
propagandist, but it might be to the people used to handle only software (2
votes to keep old message).

--
Regards,
Rajko