Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE LTS
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 00:53:58 +0000
Hi,

People often say I complicate things too much... Adryan offered the
resources... forget the name for time being and focus on what you want
to do, people that are available and for what... take Adryan offer and
start it... decide the name later... For what I've seen around there
is nice demand for a openSUSE Server oriented solution. If there are
people available to make it happen... sure... go for it... By now
everyone has an idea of possible problems... instead of pointed them,
start dropping some solutions instead.

Then when the time comes and you need to name your creation or
reflection of the community, you think on the name and how you want to
position yourselfs with openSUSE without 'offending' (I really don't
know the right word for their) our sponsors.

In the end, it will end up dependably mostly on the people maintaining
it until some visibility is build around it. I personally like the
idea of a solution more server oriented. This will also probably
increase the number of overall packages available if the community
finds it Since such a project might bring lots of new synergies around
openSUSE, maybe we should forget the name and positioning for now,
leaving it for later.

nm

The comment about "doing it outside of the openSUSE project" referred to a
clone of SLES, not an openSUSE LTS version.

I dont think that anything speaks against using the OBS also for a potential
openSLES.

Ciao, Marcus

--
nelson marques