Re: [opensuse-project] What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:37:21 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 10/12/2010 21:21, Per Jessen wrote:
Jos Poortvliet wrote:

The statement should only be the text part, not the bullet points I
wrote below it to explain...

so:
The openSUSE project is a worldwide effort that promotes the use
of Linux everywhere. openSUSE maintains and develops a packaging
and distribution infrastructure on which it creates one of the
world's most flexible and powerful Linux distributions, working
together in
an open, transparent and friendly manner as part of the worldwide
Free and Open Source Software community.
Seems rather complete, right?
I'd like to suggest shortening/sharpening it a bit:

The openSUSE project is a worldwide effort to create the world's
most flexible and powerful Linux distribution, working together in an
open, transparent and friendly manner as part of the worldwide Free
and Open Source Software community.

This sounds like it is expressing the same sentiments as, "I'm from
the government. I am here to help you."

Can't really be helped Basil, it was mostly designed by comittee.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.8°C)