Re: [opensuse-project] What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:41:12 +1100
On 09/12/2010 11:51, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

Ok. Here goes. Attached the almost-final draft.

I think there are areas which need a bit more attention.

Target users
We cater for users who are interested in computers and want to experiment, learn or get work done.

The most important target audience is mentioned last - ie those who want to get work done. Those who want to get work done should be mentioned first.

What do we not focus on?
The openSUSE community has its goals and targets; consequently there are things that are not in the direct focus of our community. *This does of course not mean* it is not possible

The part in bold lettering should read: "Of course this does not mean it is not possible......".

openSUSE does not:
* Oversimplify the system to the point where configuring it becomes harder. We prefer flexibility over an (extreme) focus on ease of use.
* Always *having* the latest and greatest in the shipped releases.

The word here should be "*have*" and not "having" so that the whole thing would read, "openSUSE does not always have the latest and greatest......".

For your consideration.

Attorney: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
Witness: Are you qualified to ask that question?