Re: [opensuse-project] What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:41:12 +1100
On 09/12/2010 11:51, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

[pruned]

Ok. Here goes. Attached the almost-final draft.

[pruned]

I think there are areas which need a bit more attention.

First:

Target users
We cater for users who are interested in computers and want to experiment, learn or get work done.

The most important target audience is mentioned last - ie those who want to get work done. Those who want to get work done should be mentioned first.

Second:

What do we not focus on?
The openSUSE community has its goals and targets; consequently there are things that are not in the direct focus of our community. *This does of course not mean* it is not possible

The part in bold lettering should read: "Of course this does not mean it is not possible......".

Three:

openSUSE does not:
* Oversimplify the system to the point where configuring it becomes harder. We prefer flexibility over an (extreme) focus on ease of use.
* Always *having* the latest and greatest in the shipped releases.

The word here should be "*have*" and not "having" so that the whole thing would read, "openSUSE does not always have the latest and greatest......".

For your consideration.

BC

--
Attorney: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
Witness: Are you qualified to ask that question?