Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE LTS, Tumbleweed and release cycles
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 11:44:03 -0800
On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 02:38:39PM +0100, Thomas Thym wrote:
=Consequences=
When the majority of users is satisfied with LTS and Tumbleweed why
not change the release cycle to focus our resources for these new
tasks?
Now we have 8 month until the next release. We support every release
for 18 month (2 releases and 2 months). => we have 2.33 main versions
to maintain.

Why not revisit this when/if LTS and Tumbleweed succeed. We have a ways
to go here before this is something we need to worry about.

thanks,

greg k-h