[opensuse-project] Re: What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:13:08 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:31:11 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:35:50 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Top-level mission statements and strategies never (or only extremely
rarely) come in the SMART format:

Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely

Right, but those are the questions that a mission statement/strategy
beg to be asked, and they need to be answered even if they're not part
of the actual declaration.

Giddyup, Don Quijote. :-)

:-)

We, i.e. the openSUSE project, are nowhere near organised enough to
begin contemplating answering such questions. I also don't think we
really need to, certainly not at the moment.

If that's the case (and I don't know that it is), then perhaps the first
thing we need to do is work on getting organised so we *can* answer those
types questions. If we can't answer those questions, then the vision/
strategy can't hold any meaning or provide a useful definition of what
the project is about.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson