Re: [opensuse-project] community transition
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:30:11 +0000
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:43:19 -0600, Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 09:08, Trifle Menot <triflemenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some Novell employees are insecure and defensive, and can't tolerate
criticism or dissent.  This project will never attract wide support
while such attitudes prevail.  Get over yourselves.

I welcome you to leave and start you own distro...

There you go again, chasing people away, proving my point.

Insecure I'm not, but defensive I am. I'm tired of the oh you work
for Novell what a lame company, they are idiots, oh you're just in
microsoft's pocket crap.

Stephen

I don't care if you're insecure and want to vent here. Doesn't bother
me. I don't such take things personally, unlike some of you.

Presently, opensuse is the best fit for my needs. But if you people
don't change your attitudes, opensuse will fail, and then what can I do
but convert to something else.

For opensuse to grow beyond its primary corporate sponsor, Novell and
its successor, the project infrastructure must become independent from
the sponsor.

Like I said, that's a big pill to swallow. It can't be done all at
once. But when there is a will, there is a way. So the question is,
can you find the will?

Time will tell.

--
Web mail, POP3, and SMTP