Re: [opensuse-project] community transition
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:32:18 +0200
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 13:20, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
I would hardly consider the time period between the Post's scoop and now
as indicative of a dropoff by anyone, Novell employee or anyone.  That's
just too short of a period to reflect anything meaningful.

And even if an agreement to sell is indeed going to happen 4 weeks from
now, there is still a long period ahead of us for regulatory review of
the buyout.  We won't see any major changes in the very near future, for
sure.

On top of all this, Novell employees are not going to be allowed to
comment on any rumors or provide any additional information - this is
_standard_operating_procedure_ during proposed buyouts. Anything an
employee may say can impact the regulatory review and even the sale
itself. I've just been through the same myself with Sun->Oracle.
It's a tough spot to be in... especially if you "know something" or
know the specific answer to something someone is asking about.

So... we also need to be fair to the Novell employees here and not
pester them for details. They won't be able to say anything one way
or the other, so everyone... lets not put them in the proverbial rock
and hard place. Hang in there and wait on the official announcements
when and if they come.

C.