Re: [opensuse-project] community transition
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:07:17 +0200
Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 16.09.2010 10:35, DenverD wrote:

but, it _seems_ to me that there has been a sharp drop off of Novell
employees contributing/posting to the mail lists/forums since the
NYPost scoop..

LOL, oh please...

i wonder what happens if (as has happened too often in recent weeks)
the forum (or mail lists/irc/wiki/etc) machines/nets need TLC to
return to work...

Then the people who care for that will take care of that. Like always.

just thinking out loud: do 'we' need to make some backup plans
_before_ the communications networks go down and _then_ learn our
corporate sponsor has lost interest in 'we' and has decided to save
those man hours for more profitable endeavors ??

Would you stop spreading this FUD? Do you really think that we are that
spineless? A lot of your contributions make me wonder if you would not
be better of in some other project where you feel comfortable to take
off your tinfoil hat. Have you considered that? :)

I give you my word that openSUSE will not drop off the face of the
earth. No matter what the future brings.

believe it or not, i'm not worried about anything dropping off the
face of the earth so much as how we will reconstitute capability *if*
the mail lists/wiki/fora and etc were to suddenly be unsupported
(with, electricity...say)..

if you are sure everything is gonna be smooth, then great..

its just in my former lives it was always best to plan for the worst,
and hope for the best..

my experience is if you plan for the best, it is difficult to re-plan
in the dark.

ymmv, tinfoil or not.

DenverD