Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Strategy Discussion: Community Statement
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:37:33 +0200
On Friday 18 June 2010 16:48:10 Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
I don't think making openSUSE attractive for women is "a strategy",
which should focus on broad goals.

If we make women as target audience of our strategy, we hit 50 % of the
world ;)

If we look at the last survey, the number of female participants is less
than 2 % - so having women as target audience would help us to grow the
user and contributor base.

The question is what kind of strategy could we develop? Or should this be -
and I see many arguing for it in this thread - part of our community
statement and therefore part of any strategy we do?

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany