Re: [opensuse-project] Ubuntu One Music Store -- what will openSUSE be doing?
  • From: "Bryen M. Yunashko" <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 04:52:04 -0500
On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 10:33 +0100, Karsten König wrote:
Heya,

I won't comment as not to indicate any position not really opensuse
correlated
=)
I think the proper group deciding over this is the opensuse-board
(they have
their own list but here it gets wider attention) as there might be
similar
pushes in the future.

Actually, we don't have a list per se in the sense that you may be
referring to. This Project mailing list is the proper place to submit
such thoughts, considerations, questions, etc. as we're an open
community and rely on the fruits of discussion from that community.

The board does have an email address (board at opensuse.org), but it
isn't exactly meant as a way to subscribe to and view comments on a
mailing list. Rather it is simply a way to send a message privately to
the board and everyone on the board receives a copy and may respond,
depending on the content.

What I would suggest as more appropriate, if you want the Board to
respond to and investigate more, attend one of our bi-weekly meetings
and bring up the question during our Q & A session. Our next meeting
will be held this coming Wednesday in the #opensuse-project channel at
19:00 UTC. All our meetings are open and we welcome everyone to attend.

But generally, at this stage, I think this is more of an open discussion
that should involve as much of the community as possible and let the
community voice its support or concerns on the matter.

Thanks,
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member

Still it might help providing information about this Ubuntu One Music
Store, I
found https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/LucidUbuntuOneMusicStore and
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lucid-ubuntu-one-musicstore but
they stay very vague what store actually is behind it and how their
revenues
are used, where the music is comming from etc., it's more about the
technical
implementation.

Karsten