  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 01:19:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2009-07-31 at 18:37 +0200, Rupert Horstkötter wrote:

What I see as a MUCH bigger issue is the influence to the GNOME
community. A decision to select KDE as the default just sets them
apart - much more than to express an appreciation to the KDE community
imho. GNOME definitely is the "little sister" of KDE in our
distribution (no question) but I explicitly use the word "sister" here
- KDE folks, i.e. Frank Karlitschek, think about the bad impact such a
decision would have for GNOME. Shouldn't we think as "the oS
community" rather then a KDE and a GNOME "battleline"?

Absolutely.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

< Previous Next >