Re: [opensuse-project] Why Simultaneous Net & Box Set Release?
  • From: "Rob OpenSuSE" <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:35:55 +0000
2008/12/22 Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx>:
On Saturday 20 December 2008 16:55:49 Rob OpenSuSE wrote:

So we have problems scheduling releases, due to difficulty of shipping
physical disks.

No. I think you are confusing and mixing different things now. The discussion
about development schedule has nothing to with whether a boxed release will
exist or when it ships.

Well I've seen discussion in that thread, about certain release dates
being bad (between Thanksgiving and Christmas), so it would appear
that shipping practicality, does impact the release date. The point
was made by someone else, with an influential position.

I agree that development schedule, and release date is something
different, though there is likely some quality issues to consider, in
managing development plans and target releases. But I didn't see much
discussion of steps to improve quality of the release.

In 6 weeks time, 11.1 can be expected to run better on a whole slew of
hardware, won't it?