Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Dean Hilkewich <deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:37:36 -0600
Vincent Untz wrote:
Le samedi 20 décembre 2008, à 14:48 -0600, Dean Hilkewich a écrit :

How about just getting the Yast Product Creator to the point where one
can easily "re-spin" installation medium with the updated packages?

I think we can already do this with the build service. At least,
home:coolo:LiveCD makes me believe this.

Vincent

The build service is a horrible option for Joe User to attempt to create
their own "updated" installation medium. It's not layman friendly,
installing off live medium doesn't work on but the most basic of setups,
adds additional unnecessary load the the build service, doesn't allow
for 3rd party "morally gray" packages, requires a complete redownload of
medium which is costly to some or just not feasible because they do not
have high speed net, etc. Put the ability back into the average users.
Give them the capability with their local existing tools that they have
on their machines without having to read a thousand man pages to figure
out how to pull such an endeavor off. Product creator should have the
ability to do this with some refinement .

Dean