Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Meeting Minutes, Nov19
  • From: Carlos Goncalves <cgoncalves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:22:27 +0000
On Thursday 27 November 2008 17:49:22 Michael Loeffler wrote:
openSUSE conference
Michl shared the information that zonker is planning an openSUSE
conference in summer 2009 targeted to developers and packagers. SUSE
has now for years an internal SUSELabs conference in the Czech
Republic where around 100 developers gather to meet each other,
exchange information, do some hacking and to have fun. The idea is to
extent this event to the community.

If I am not mistaken, that would probably continue being a SUSE developers
conference (SUSELabs) because there are not many community developers and
packagers ("officially" so to speak).

What about something more general to better cover other areas where community
contributes actively? I'm thinking of something like Akademy and GUADEC.

--
Regards,
Carlos Goncalves