[opensuse-project] Re: [Lf_desktop] LSB Package API
On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 15:14 +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
My general feeling, having spoken to lots of ISVs, is that they don't
actually _want_ this.

In order to support their customers, they're well aware that they have
to target particular distributions and versions - and they're quite
happy working and certifying particular vendors individually.

I'm not in the position of having the chance to speak with ISVs myself
unfortunately. I only relied on what seemed to have been communicated on
the LSB face-to-face meeting. It might be good if we had more
application vendors (and also open-source project maintainers) speaking
up on this issue in the general or the particular proposal.

Regards,
Denis