Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing the official openSUSE Forums
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:32:22 +0100
Marcus Rueckert wrote:

On 2008-03-12 13:26:39 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

In order to provide a better service to the existing openSUSE
Community and to our new users, we're pleased to announce that
suseforums.net, suselinuxsupport.de and the openSUSE support forums
at forums.novell.com (the three largest English-speaking, dedicated
SUSE forums) are joining forces to merge into the new official
openSUSE Forums at forums.opensuse.org.

Has this already happened or is it work in progress? I tried getting
a list of groups from news://forums.opensuse.org/, but it timed out.

it will be a webforum afaik. not nntp.

The forums from forums.novell.com are all available over nntp. I don't
really mind, but it would be a shame to shut that down.

/Per Jessen, Zürich