Re: [opensuse-project] Announce: Block feeds in Planet SUSE
  • From: James Ogley <riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 16:12:45 +0000
I think your new functionality works great as I've tried it out and it's
good from a functionality standpoint. However, some suggestions:

I appreciate them, Cc-ing the list for everyone's info...

I was hesitant to try out the tool at first because I was
afraid I'd be blocking it out for everyone.
Instead, I suggest using the word "collapse."

Collapse is great for techies (and I appreciate the main audience for
the Planet is techies but not the only one) so I've changed it to "Hide"
and "Show"

The second suggestion I have, the tool button itself is very tiny. This

Yeah, to match the feed icon and the bullet icon in lists

doesn't help low-vision users (like me and umm older folks who need
glasses.)

Good point

Even with enlargement tools, it doesn't really make the icon
any bigger. If I can make a suggestion, put text just before that icon
box "Collapse this feed." There's room for it and I don't think it
would be too obtrusive to the style of your layout.

Whether there's room depends on the length of people's post titles.
What I've done is made it a tooltip which is a good compromise I think.
--
James Ogley, openSUSE Member: GNOME Team and Planet SUSE.
riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://opensuse.org/GNOME http://planetsuse.org