Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal: Create development information sharing blog for openSUSE activities
  • From: James Ogley <riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:18:26 +0000
And that's my goal, I'd like to see more people blogging.

So would I :)

openSUSE would not be the first project to provide a focal point for its
members [who do not do so already] to host their blogs. As has been
noted, kdedevelopers.org does this as does blogs.gnome.org. But in both
those cases, they are not the only place where their developers blog or
indeed the main aggregation - planetkde.org/planet.gnome.org.

I'm all for getting more people blogging and if it takes having an
"official" openSUSE blog hosting service to get some members/staff doing
so then I say go for it (blogs.o.o or lizards.o.o or cantaloupes.o.o - I
don't care what it's called, I named Factory so my naming mojo's worn
out) and I'll syndicate its users on Planet SUSE.

The service that Planets (including Planet SUSE) provide is different to
this in the same way that people's blogs are not just about development.
Just as bloggers are human beings first, Planets are made up of those
human beings.
--
James Ogley, openSUSE Member: GNOME Team and Planet SUSE.
riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://opensuse.org/GNOME http://planetsuse.org