Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: "Francis Giannaros" <francis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:23:23 +0000
On Feb 11, 2008 12:15 PM, Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Most open source projects. Like I said, "core contributor/developer"
generally refers to people working on the _core_ part of the project.
For example in KDE where you work, a core developer might be someone
who i.e. hacks on kdelibs,

I don't think that this is entirely correct. In KDE the term "core developer"
isn't only used for kdelibs developers.

I didn't say that -- kdelibs was only one example there (kdebase might
be another one). But you certainly wouldn't be calling, say, an Amarok
developer a "core kde developer" (I'm sorry, this just isn't done).
Come on now -- core developer/contributor is for someone working on
the core, if anything.

Regards,
--
Francis Giannaros http://francis.giannaros.org