Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:10:29 +0100
Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]
But I don't think these members should "speak for the project". Of
course, as oldtimers, they advice may have some more weigth, but
that's all.

If you use an opensuse.org address, you somehow say I'm part of the
community. So, while "speaking for the project" might be a bit too
much, there's still some truths in the term. Do you have a better
wording?

my son have the same name I have and don't spaeak for me.

It's enought stopping saying "@opensuse.org speak for the project". It's only this affirmation by the board that give the power.

I think board members and moderators should have an e-mail like @board.opensuse.org (not everybody knows who is members of the board) and moderator.opensuse.org, so anybody know than when some of these folks write on a list *with this address* it's something that must be seen and followed.

in summary, using an @opensuse.org mailing adresse should only mean "I'm proud to be a member" and autority intervention should bee seen by an other mean.

after all, the board members are allowed to discuss on they own beleif, not necessary for the project :-))

as of voting, the only really meaningfull subscribing system is the one used time ago by ICANN at large, anybody can vote if it asks for and return a signed *paper letter* sent to him. But it's very expensive and long.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net