Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:49:03 +0100
Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I really want to have the line blurred. I want to be a member of the
community, but I have had my email address for over 20 years(all though
whois shows 1994), I really do not want an opensuse.org address or an IRC
cloak. I do contribute to the community. I have a BS account and do some
packaging. I do want a say in the voting of the board. So I think there
should be a catagory for those of us that are contributing, but do not
want the email address or IRC cloak.

You could have the address but do not need to use it ;-)

It's an offer - many people had asked me for having an opensuse.org
email address and I refused everbody. We really want to have this
somehow open and objective - and not something like "AJ gives addresses
out to those that spend him a beer" ;-)

We're open to any changes of the policy, I hear some complaints and I
understand them - but I'm lost on how to improve this,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany