Re: [opensuse-project] Code of Conduct: adopted!
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 18:51:46 +0100
Hi,

On Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 11:20:49, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 12:40 +0100, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

I would like to do that too. No offense, but you are steping into
territory you had no business in before and you did not even bother to
talk to the people involved. This feels a bit weird and is not very
polite.

Yes, sorry, this was a huge oversight on my part. I completely forgot
about the moderators. I didn't mean to ignore your work! Rest assured
that we'll clarify this.

Your mail makes something very clear: the moderators need to be able to
do their work, and the board should only help resolve conflicts. I
completely agree with that; sorry again for making it seem like it's a
board-or-nothing kind of thing! We can definitely help as a last resort
when there is a lot of appealing to the moderators and the conflict
cannot be resolved locally.

Perhaps we can talk tomorrow during the project meeting?

Yes sure. Lets do that :)

I know that you guys are not trying to step on anyones toes on purpose.
All of you are "just do it [tm]" guys and i like that. I rather have it
this way then the other way around...

In fact im happy that this topic is comming up. We need to talk a bit
about the board in general i think :)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.