Re: [opensuse-project] Code of Conduct: adopted!
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:40:52 +0100
Hi,

On Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 08:23:03, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx> writes:
On Tuesday 05 February 2008 00:50:27 Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

Thanks to everyone who showed support for the proposed Code of Conduct!

Did you read any of the replies in the thread you started!?

I'm alienated how you dumped it onto this list, did not participate in the
discussion at all and now declare this as adopted by the project. :-(

Stephan, looking again at the thread, I'm a bit surprised by your
reaction. Could we discuss the code of conduct in the openSUSE IRC
meeting on wednesday, please?

I would like to do that too. No offense, but you are steping into
territory you had no business in before and you did not even bother to
talk to the people involved. This feels a bit weird and is not very
polite.

I for instance feel a bit skipped by all this because this went from
"general rules" on the wiki to "rules to abide" on IRC and mailinglists
"enforced" by the board. In the past i, among many others, was
responsible for this for 2 of the 4 communication channels you name. You
just told me on a public mailinglist im not anymore[1].

I would like to take this opportunity and remind you, as
outer-board-opposition 8), what your assignments are. Given to you by
the openSUSE project:

_help_ resolve conflicts.
facilitate decision making processes _where needed_.
provide guidance and support _existing governance structures_.

Henne

[1] For me its easy. Aj just needs to come over and tell me what to do.
For others its not. For instance you dont have the "authority" to say
anything about the (#suse/#opensuse) IRC channel. Pete and the mod's
there have.

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson