Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing openSUSE-community.org
  • From: jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:41:53 +0100
Francis Giannaros a écrit :

This is a site now where all users can chip in their documentation

as sysop of fr.opensuse.org _and_ fr.susewiki.org (not to mention my own wiki), I have no problem with this new project. fr.susewiki.org was born a short time before opensuse was launched and is nearly empty (it gives me problems because I don't read it often and it's vandalised frequently).

However I have some remarks:

* opensuse-community should _not_ use the exact logo and layout of opensuse.org, to makes it clear it's _not_ (officially) Novell supported, let only for legal reason,

* it should very clearly state what can be set in, what can't be written on it (if any) and what should better be on opensuse.org

For example, I don't even understand clearly the content goal of Lessons for a Lizard (not had enough time to investigate though). I also have a little bunch of small tips and tricks I use on my SuSE, but may not be suse specific, so what may I do of this? (for example, http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/Documentation_Linux). Is it good for opensuse.org of or opensuse-community?

If you want a french sysop, I can search for one (preferably not me), for example asking on the fr.opensuse.org list

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO