Re: [opensuse-kde] Black screen problem fixed
Am 11.09.2011 08:05, schrieb Werner Flamme:
Am 10.09.2011 20:29, schrieb Ismail Doenmez:
Hi;

Looks like Murphy was working full throttle to make my day worse just
before the openSUSE Conference. I fixed the libqt4 package now and
update should be available soon.

I am sorry for this ugly breakage, we could detect it earlier but we
were working to setup the conference ;( Thanks to everyone for the bug
reports& package testing.

Regards.

Hi Ismail,

I'm running ooenSUSE 11.4. Yesterday I switched back from K:R:47 to
K:R:46 because of "the black hole". Today I get updates fpr K:R:46 and
now "the black hole" got me again. Maybe I should go on to K:R:47 again?

You're shure you /fixed/ the problem? :-)

Sorry to spoil the conference, though :-\ Hope it's gonna be good!

Regards,
Werner
Hi Folks,

I just also faced the black screen problem, but with standard K:R:46. I could fix it by switching back all kind of libqt4-* packages to the last version of K:R:46, I still had in my personal NFS repository mirror. Lucky to have this!

I did not switch to 4.7 so far and am still with K:R:46.
The patch working now is libqt4-* 4.7.3-208/210 and 4.7.3-221/223 brought up the problems. After logging on with KDM the screen fades to black and stays as this. Only some FF6.02 and gkrellm were the last programs to be visible.

I hope this will be fixed in K:R:46 soon.

Best regards
Ralf