[opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse-kde] KDF 4.7.1 packages ̣- black screen
On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 18:24:34 +0530, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I hope it's a local issue but in case it's not, a warning to those who consider updating to the packages from KDF.

I just did and got a black screen after re-login. The apps are all started and accessible but not displayed.

I did chose the KDE plasma-workspace session. I moved .kde4 and I tried logging in as another user. All with the same result. The kdebase4 etc. packages are all 4.7.1.

I hope the next rebuild solves, just be careful before updating.

i updated a few hours ago, and everything is fine; no black screens or the like. after "zypper up" came up with it's list of packages to update and i started downloading, the process got stuck because one package couldn't be found on the repo (marble or marble-data, i think). running "zypper up" again solved the problem. this seems to indicate that the repo wasn't fully updated when i first tried. most likelely (and hopefully) that's the reason for your problems, too.

--
phani.