call fro libglut.so.3 in kdegraphics3 rpm package
  • From: Stefan Schlörholz <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:23:28 +0100
Am Montag, 13. Januar 2003 18:57 schrieb Ronnie Gaensli:

Hello everybody,

I just did an update on my SuSE 7.3 to KDE 3.1. So far I like the new look and
features, as far as I have dicovered them. So far it is up and running.

>From the messages from the rpm files I gain that SuSE changed some paths to
some files. Leaves a lot of old files lying around on the hard disk :-(

When I tried to update kdegraphics3 I got the message that libglut.so.3 is
needed by that package. I found that there are packages around containing
this lib but I could not find a SuSE package. Do I need it at all or is it
one of the Nvidia files which I do not need in lack of such a graphics card?
-> rpm -Fhv kdegraphics3.rpm --force or --nodep

Additionaly can anybody post some changes she or he discovered in KDE 3.1
already (minor as well as major)? I already saw that the task bar fills with
applications unlike earlier where programs (e.g. konqueror) kept the
instances in a single pop up button. Can I change that behavior, and if where
can I do that?

Thank for your help in advance

Stefan

< Previous Next >