Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME 3.x Consistency [Was: Default 11.4 background and theming]
  • From: "S.Kemter" <buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:21:17 +0100
Am Dienstag 21 Dezember 2010, 19:18:56 schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 17:30 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- some people mentioned that upstream GNOME will ask distributions to

use the upstream GNOME 3 theme, including the background for GNOME 3
(so not for 11.4, but 11.4+1). For reference, this is
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-themes-standard/plain/themes/Adwai
ta/backgrounds/stripes.jpg

Yes I find this to be consistent and in fact we should actually
support upstream GNOME. My only regard on this is when you see a
screenshot of a default desktop we often by the wallpaper can identify
the distribution, but proving a full GNOME upstream GNOME, we are
loosing some visibility as a distro. This isn't actually much of a
problem, and if gnome-shell and GNOME can benefit for it,

Couldn't distributions just agree to take the 'default' wallpaper and
watermark it with their logo [the lizard]?

no they cant because there is more on a distribution as a desktop enviroment
and some time there are more of it there, like in ur distribution.

br gnokii