[opensuse-gnome] Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing susped/hibernate options in gnome-power-manager 2.28.0
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:21:32 +0200
On 10/17/2009 10:11 PM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
"Carlos E. R." <> 10/17/09 3:25 PM >>>
Run "rpm -q --changelog gnome-power-manager|head -20" shows me:

- Change the default of show_actions_in_menu to FALSE

What is the procedure to trigger hybernation now?

Hibernate and suspend are available from the 'shutdown menu'. There you have
options to:
- Shut down
- Reboot
- Suspend
- Hibernate

Ok, tested. It works now, it didn't on M6,7.

Can a user re-enable the menu?

You can re-enable it using gconf-editor. Browse to the key
/apps/gnome-power-manager/ui and set show_actions_in_menu to true (select it).

That will revert to the previous state.

It shows. Later I'll test if it works.

Shouldn't it simply be in "preferences" of the power manager context menu? I
hate having to use the
regedit-like gconf-editor

so, a feature.

Please ask such questions on the opensuse-gnome mailing list in the future,

In my experience, user's questions asked there are ignored. :-/

We're just too few active contributors, but just as here I would have
answered the same question in the other mailinglist as well. -Factory is
definitiv NOT the place for this kind of questions.

The thing is, if that there are few active contributors here, and most are
devs, this list is of
little use to users asking user's questions. We users tend to ask where most of
our questions are
asked, not where they "should" go.

--
Cheers / Saludos,