Re: [opensuse-gnome] Timeshift discussion
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:42:44 +0200
Hi,

Bryen schrieb:
Option 1) Eliminate Timeshifting altogether. This would make it very
difficult for people in eastern Asia/Australia to attend meetings.

Option 2) Create new timeshift for 23:00 UTC. This seems to get the
widest support globally. However, India (Our beloved Evo team) would be
left out. I discussed with Srag, and they were unable to attend the old
timeshift meeting anyway and for them regular time meetings are best.
They said they would be comfortable with missing a timeshift meeting.

FYI: 23:00 UTC = 6 p.m. for you folks in the U.S. Midwest and Mexico,
and late evening (after Rodrigo's television shows) in Europe and 9 a.m.
in Sydney, land of the Magnus.

I'm probably not that much of a Gnome contributor but I usually like to
follow these meetings.
Just a few thoughts about meeting times in general.

16 UTC -> 18 for me currently
Kinda unfortunate because of dinner time (yeah, people with families
have dinner at that time here)

11 UTC -> 13
interferes with lunch time all over Europe, so you won't have US and in
many cases you won't have Europeans as well

23 UTC -> 01am
sorry, this is a bit too late (or too early?) for me.

But as said, it's nothing about myself since I miss the meetings anyway
because of the above but something to consider, (while I don't have a
real solution for that).

Wolfgang