Re: [opensuse-gnome] Go Elsewhere?
  • From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:33:17 +0100

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 12:45 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
I think this might be beagle not being enabled by default in Fedora. It
is what makes, IMO, the desktop slower. If you disable beagle, it should
be as fast as in Fedora. It seems to be for me, as Vincent, I don't see
any major difference between my opensuse GNOME and the one in Ubuntu

Before disabling beagle, I'd love an strace -ttt of the daemon /
process that's being slow - so we can fix that ;-) Also, turning off
beagle / mail indexing can be helpful too.

HTH,

Michael.

--
michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot