Re: [opensuse-gnome] SOLVED Gnome build system problems

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 11:14 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 14:54 +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:
It was a local problem: I found another copy of the NetworkManager source
tree
inside the sources I was trying to bootstrap
(NetworkManager-0.7.0/NetworkManager-0.7.0), oops, and a find in
gnome-autogen.sh was finding its configure.* files in the wrong place and
confusing intltoolize.

FWIW, I believe it does this because autoconf also autodetects subdirs
with configure.* scripts.

It is actually gnome-autogen.sh that does that.

You can avoid it by putting in the same directory as the offending
configure.{in,ac} an empty file named NO-AUTO-GEN
In that case, gnome-autogen will ignore it.

Hub