[opensuse-factory] Status Beta4
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 07:36:19 +0100
Hi,

Additionally to what Joe wrote on opensuse-announce:

- the ISOs were all done and uploaded to stage server
and some mirrors pulled them. They will not be seen
on download.o.o before monday.
- we didn't finish the deltas in time (if you know
how long it takes to apply them, multiply with 4
and then consider many more ISOs)
- we need to add all files manually to the torrent
seeder atm, which would have been ~3am or later
- ppc did _not_ finish building, we added additional
build power on friday, but that was too late
(the ISOs are scheduled right now, so perhaps we
can add them on monday)
- if you download from a mirror, feel free to report
bugs against beta4 - the release is final.

The only known bugs I have are

* GNOME branding is broken with DVD installs, looks
correct on live cds (lacked the confidence to remaster
the DVDs)
* GNOME updater will ask for registration, this is
broken. Just ignore the question
* KDE updater will not ask for smolt integration (which
the GNOME updater should ask for too).

Feel free to try smoltGUI on your own, this is what
both updaters will start. This is our "registration"
in the future and you will be able to view your profile
and the resulting statistics on smolts.org

Greetings, Stephan