Re: [opensuse-buildservice] configure logrotate - best practice
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:14:37PM +0200, Isaac Hailperin wrote:
Hi,

I am building a package that needs to configure logrotate. Now two
possiblities come to my mind:

a) Put /etc/logrotate.d/mypackage in the rpm and install it just like
any other file from the package
b) Create /etc/logrotate.d/mypackage with a postinstall script

I was wondering which way is the "best" or most common way to do things
like this for rpms. But also in the light of the build service, where I
want to create rpms and debs alike.

Install it as a %config marked file.

Do not use %post for this.

Ciao, Marcus