Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Open Build Service version 2.3 released
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 08:46:05 +0200

Just for this list, we have also updated the future roadmap.

Currently the rails 3.2 and ruby 1.9 port is WIP in master branch.
We do still have regressions there, so it is definitive not for everyday
usage yet.

As a consequence also the user management will need an overhaul.

We plan to release an alpha version which could be used productive
when the port is finished. However, it will not get a maintained branch.

Secondly we need to work on follow two features from the SUSE side:
* Product tracking support
- multiple maintenance stream per code stream
- additional meta data tracking for packages
* capability based job assignment

Further stuff which may gets part of the next release:
* Request handling re-implementation (moving entrie request to api)
* Real Cross Build Support (Mer project and B1-Systems are working on
similar approaches)
* And in general everything which is provided to us in a state that
makes it maintainable also for future releases ;)

SUSE Linux Products GmbH