Re: [opensuse-buildservice] A collaboration problem
On 03/17/2012 07:19 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
I'm continually coming across a collaboration problem with spec files
and changes files when working on a package in my home:plater projects
and sub projects in which I keep the packages where I'm the primary
maintainer mostly from multimedia. When I wish to check a package
through the devel project to factory, I find that another users changes
to the files are marked for deletion. The only way I can work around
this is to delete my package and rebranch it or checkout the changed
files from the devel project to my home project package's local copy and
then redo my changes. In the past this problem caused a conflict which
was even more complicated to repair so this is definitely an improvement.
Isn't there an easier way to merge my changes with the other ones?
There's also a problem that came up where I resubmitted a package to
factory when it had been fixed by another user and submitted already
with no notification to me. I'm a busy maintainer and struggling to
catch up after an absence and this involves working on more than one
package at once, currently blender and lilypond which on a difficulty
scale of 1 to 10 lilypond must rate at 9 and blender at least deserves a 7.

Could you give a brief recipe on what exactly happens? I'm not understanding your problem fully yet.

Btw. did you enable notificiations about your packages in hermes.o.o so that you get informed about any changes happening to them?

Andreas