Re: [opensuse-buildservice] wine-devel-32bit in home:RedDwarf not available to x86_64 build
On 10 March 2012 12:48, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:56:34AM +0000, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
On 10 March 2012 09:33, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 01:40:04AM +0000, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
On 9 March 2012 17:51, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 09:51:20AM +0000, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
Marcus was kind enough to add a wine-devel-32bit subpackage that is
now available in Factory. Because of this now my lmms x86-64 build has
VST support. To support it also in 12.1 I linked the wine package from
the devel project to my home repo. I even added the "ExportFilter:
^wine.*\.i586.rpm$ . x86_64" line to my prjconf, even if I guess it is
inherited from the openSUSE:12.1 prjconf. But home:RedDwarf/lmms in
openSUSE_12.1/x86_64 is still in the unresolvable state because it
can't find wine-devel-32bit.
So... what I'm doing wrong?

Nothing,

So far the -devel-32bit addition is not merged to openSUSE:12.1 or
Tumbleweed.

It is only in openSUSE:Factory, or if you use Emulators:Wine

Now that 1.4 is out I could consider a 12.1 online update of Wine
though. ;)

That's why I linked it in my home repo. The openSUSE 12.1/i586 version
of lmms compiles against wine 1.4 but the x86-64 version fails to find
wine-devel-32bit.

I think the reason is in your projcet meta.

$ osc meta prj home:RedDwarf
 <useforbuild>
     <disable/>
 </useforbuild>

This means your project will not use its own packages for building, so
the linked wine does not affect lmms.

Remove the 3 lines to get it running (but perhaps you can enable Wine
specifically
if you do not want the rest influence your builds).

The wine package in my home repo already had it explicitly enabled. If
you look at the 12.1/i586 build log you can see wine 1.4 is being
installed, so everything should be working OK.
I will enable it project-wise anyway since I disabled it years ago
when I started to use the OBS and it's more problematic for me than
it's worth, but it shouldn't make any difference.

It seems to be a bit better now. I can't see why it fails on 12.1 x86_64 but
not on Tumbleweed.

But the fact that "useforbuild" had to enabled project-wise looks like a bug.
Now the problem with the 12.1 x86_64 build is that the "wine-devel"
package being installed is the i586 version instead of the x86_64 one.
But still no idea why it's happening only with 12.1 and not with
Tumbleweed...

I just removed the "ExportFilter:" line from my prjconf and wiped the
binaries to see what happens, but I am just shooting in the dark.