Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search page
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 12:42:33 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 1. März 2012, 12:05:35 schrieb Thomas Schmidt:
As part of the current boosters sprint[1] which aims at integrating
the appstream[2] project into our distribution we would like to enhance
the web view on our packages at software.o.o/search.

With the final target of an web-based appstore we began thinking of
how to display a package (app) to the user.
The challenge is to make available the matrix of different OS versions,
repositories and package versions in a clear way while making it easy for
the standard user to get the latest stable version for his OS without
getting confused.

We already have a mockup available:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/software.o.o/package-view.png

Feedback appreciated :-)

What I really like to see is the OBS link back ...

I think it is still usefull for users to be able to reach development area
and esp. the changelog there.

OBS is now also logging which bugs got fixed, might be also nice to have that
in some "details" view. But that can also be done on the OBS page of course.

Greetings

[1] https://trello.com/board/appstream/4f156e1c9ce0824a2e1b8831
[2] http://distributions.freedesktop.org/wiki/AppStream
SUSE Linux Products GmbH