Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Archie Cobbs <archie.cobbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In which case, I think we should survey our community and see how many
people are happy with the rapid deathcycle of openSUSE releases.

I'm guessing there are many others out there who would like to "redefine" it.

Why not bring evergreen into the equation?

Ie: synchronize EOL with incorporation into evergreen.

Right now the real problem is that 11.3 isn't in evergreen. If it was,
all this would be moot.

Read this[0] thread. It requires quite a lot of manpower to be able to
do so. Evergreen needs more people.
So, gather volunteers. It's about backporting patches, IIRC, not major
development.

[0] http://lists.rosenauer.org/pipermail/evergreen/2012-January/000560.html

Evergreen is a noble idea, with a good number of people interested
(see thread above), yet it has stalled and there seem to be no plans
by the OBS team to accommodate the idea.

Really, the fact that Evergreen even exists is ridiculous.

There are a bunch of people who need basic openSUSE repo availability
to last more than 1.5 years, but their needs are not being addressed.

And it seems like such a simple thing! But I don't know enough about
the operation of OBS to advise intelligently.

Do we need to start fundraising for more disk drives?? I'm curious to
hear more informed opinions.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs