Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Feature request
On 12/06/2011 05:39 PM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 05:09:41PM -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:

We should automatically enable the new release branch as a build
target for all projects that build against factory when we branch.

How about doing so if openSUSE (oS) Factory and the new version -1 are
enabled?

If I had 11.4 oS 11.4 and Factory enabled an automatism to enable oS
12.1 builds as soon as it is available as target makes sense to me.

If I have oS Factory enabled for builds but nothing else we should keep
Factory alone.

Yes, this makes sense and is a better heuristic.

Yes, one makes the assumption that a given project wants to
support/build against the next release, but I think this may be more
applicable than the assumption we make now, which is that people do
not want to build against the new release.

This avoids the hassle of maintainers having to go in and turning
this on explicitly. My guess would be that there are fewer
maintainers that do not want this behavior than there are
maintainers that want this behavior.

I guess so too.

The other alternative would be to add yet another setting to the
meta data of a project that says
"build-new-target-on-release-branching" then maintainers can choose
this depending on their preference. I don't think we need such a
flag, but it gives control to project maintainers.

You're right, we should try to keep it simple.

Lars

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx
rschweik@xxxxxxxxxx