Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Public availability of ci.opensuse.org
On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 09:07:44 AM Lars Müller wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 05:12:23PM -0800, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
[ 8< ]

Currently, we run the testsuites of the OBS, osc and osc2 code-bases and
publish their results to a newly created mailinglist,
obs-tests@xxxxxxxxxxxx. Additionally, reports about the code coverage
and quality (amounts of TODOS, FIXMEs, etc.) are generated.

Why does this require a new list?

We already run how many lists for openSUSE? More than 80. Terrible and
horrible. The amount of lists a project provides isn't an indicator for
the quality and importance. Less so often is more.

Therefore I suggest - and I suggested this already in the past - only to
create a new list if there is real demand.

Look at Samba. There we drive all discussion on two lists since many
years.

Sascha in cc as he'll else will complain that he's not reading list
mails. ;)

Lars
My god, 80 lists? That is far too many. We really need a new paradigm for
organizing ourselves.