Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS, far more work then on Launchpad for Ubuntu
On Thursday 26 May 2011 12:25:23 peer wrote:
On 05/26/2011 11:18 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Since these are anyway a moving target, what about if you Debian/Ubuntu
builder people found a project, let's say Debian:Support where you
maintain such packages and build for all (needed) Debian and Ubuntu
distros.

So you can have a common pool for such packages and you do not rely on
me personally.

I would create such a project and hand over to you, if let's say at
least three persons are willing to work on that.

does this sound like a plan ?

Yep, that sounds perfect

Sounds like a unpractical and cumbersome solution to me. Maybe I am
missing something, but why not enable 'universe' (as an option) as default?
Just as Adrian said, currently we're not allowed to host _all_ content that is
in Ubuntu's universe/multiverse repositories, mainly due to license and patent
issues. That's essentially the same reason why we're not hosting rpmfusion for
Fedora.

Until the OBS is hostet in a country where this doesn't matter we're bound to
german law.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sascha Peilicke