Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Custom Initrd Images
Am Wednesday, 25. May 2011, 23:23:08 schrieb Praveen_Paladugu@xxxxxxxx:
All,

Is it possible to embed the custom initrd images built on OBS into other live
image builds on OBS?

For example the kiwi package provides the boot configuration suse-SLES11. If
any extra configuration has to be done for this boot image, you make the
changes in the kiwi package and re- build the live image.

So, instead of providing boot="isoboot/suse-SLES11" inside the config.kiwi
file, if it is possible to provide something like boot="obs://proj_id/pkg_id
", and the live image can actually pick up the initrd image
configuration/build from proj_id/pkg_id, it would be really cool.

Hm, you could build a kiwi-desc-isoboot package with your wanted initrd in some
project/repo and add this as repository URL to your kiwi file.

Is such a feature currently available? I remember seeing something like that
in the past. But a quick scan through doesn't allude to any such options. So,
I wanted to make sure such a feature is available, before I drill into the
failure I see.

Thank you
Praveen K Paladugu
Dell Linux Engineering