Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Mobile Version
On 26.04.2011 22:42, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Enrico Pilz <kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2011/4/26 Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Getting that to actually work is a gsoc proposal. Winning proposals
have not yet been announced.

So, if it's a go, you may have something by the fall.

What?

I remember successfully using the mobile version (which was cool btw)
a few months ago.

So it did work, but it's now broken. Is a gsoc needed to fix it? really?

I just went and re-read the gsoc proposal. I don't think they're
public in general, but here's the description summary for this one:

==
Short description: Currently, the openSUSE Build Service (OBS) mobile
client offers very limited functions. I would like to improve and
extend the OBS mobile interface for Android. The goals include not
only adding powerful functionalities such as sorting requests by
different criteria and enabling real-time user actions, but also
integrating a mobile test-suite for each new feature, and ultimately
improving the overall user experience that will make the OBS mobile
interface more efficient and convenient to use.
==

I don't know when the gsoc projects are formally announced. (Or maybe
they have been.) We won't know if the above has been selected until
then.

Greg

It seems like the projects are already accepted:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2011

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2011 (rather
large)

This one?

Justine Leng / openSUSE Build Service (OBS) for Android / openSUSE
Project / Thomas Schmidt

Enrico

That's the one I was talking about.

The direct link is:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2011/justineleng/14001

But it doesn't seem to say anything I didn't say before.

I must have missed the announcement that the selections are now final.

The accepted gsoc students and projects are announced now:
http://news.opensuse.org/2011/04/28/opensuse-happy-to-welcome-16-gsoc-students/
Justine will be working on the mobile obs webclient. If you have suggestions
for this project,
please use this list, I think she is already subscribed.
We'll also have a look into the login issue.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team